The Free Application for federal Student Aid is a form which is prepared by all the students (Graduates or Undergraduates) annually for the Student financial aid ion US. FAFSA is a yearly program that provides financial help to all the students seeking education in US. The US education department directly controls this activity and start accepting the applications from 1 January of each year for the upcoming academic year.
The Application period is of 18 months and then the student can also fill up FAFSA for renewal. The applications are accepted on first come first basis till the decided fund is over. The education department advises the students to use DRT available in FAFSA to receive their tax information and excluding wadges, they need not to fill up manually.
FAFSA contains many questions which are related to the financial details of the student and their family to determine the amount of help the student may require to complete its academic year smoothly. It has not emphasized any question on Race, sensual orientation disability or religion.
After accepting all the eligible application, the education department publishes a Student Aid report (SAR). This is the summary of the details provided by the student in his/her FAFSA. Student must review the details completely and if found any error correct it instantly. After that the SAR is submitted to University or the colleges of those who are select on FAFSA.
Eligibility for FAFSA
A student who can meet all of the following criteria may be eligible for free aid:
- Student should be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or an eligible non-citizen as per the US federation Law
- Student must have valid Social Security number;
- Student should have completed the high school and has a high school diploma or GED;
- Should promise to use the aid only and only for the education purpose.
- Should not be defaulter in any of the student loans
How Can You Apply for a Federal Student Aid Online?
- Visit http://www.fafsa.com and then select “Student Financial Aid” in the top menu.
- Select between Express FAFSA and FAFSA Live.
- After that you will get an option to Login or create an account. If you already have an account, then login with your credentials, if not then kindly create your account by providing the required details.
- After fill out the required details that will be related to your financial details and family details.
- Accept the terms and conditional and select the option of being contacted if you need any further clarification.
- Pay for the preparation fees.