OPLATES: Renew Plates at Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ Online System
Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles cares for its citizens and with a view to making renewal of vehicles easier for them offers different options for it. Registration can be renewed online, by mail, by phone or visiting in person at the Deputy Registrar’s office. Ohio BMV’s Official Online Renewal Website is www.oplates.com. The registration and renewal can be for 1 year, 2 years or for 5 years; certain restrictions applies to registration for 2 years and 5 years.
Ohio BMV Online System not only lets you renew your vehicles but purchase speciality plates too. If you are reluctant to go through an offline process, you can get it done online very quickly.
The Ohio BMV Online System
The Ohio BMV online portal offers various online services and has a very user-friendly interface. To avail the services, special icons and links are provided on the homepage of the web portal. You just have to click on the respective icon or link. The services offered includes
- Renewal of your vehicle registration
- Online payment of reinstatement fee
- Online order of drive abstracts
- Apply online for exchange of your plates
- Request for address change for your vehicle registration
- Check registration status
- Check availability of Special Plates
It is very simple to renew your vehicle plates online. There are eligibility requirements for you to renew your plates online such as:
- You can renew your vehicle provided it is currently registered in Ohio.
- You can make renewal only if your plate has an expiration date within 90 days or not six months have passed after its expiry.
- The Vehicle is owned by you only.
- All the information provided for registration renewal is found correct.
- You have to pay the registration fee online and for that, you must have a credit card or a checking account in order to make payment.
- You must have a valid Social Security Number.
- You must have your license plate number with you.
- You have got emission inspection for your vehicle done.
Follow the steps given in order to make the renewal online.
- Go to the website at www.oplates.com .
- Click on “Renew your vehicle registration” option displayed on the homepage.
- A screen with instructions to be followed is displayed. Go through it and then check “I Accept” box. Then click on “Continue” button.
- Type in your plate number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the space provided.
- Complete the registration process following instructions were given and making an online payment.
If you have any queries or want to know more, you can refer to the FAQ link displayed at the top of the homepage of the website www.oplates.com. You can also search for by typing keyword in the search box.
You can also visit www.bmv.ohio.gov and know about fees for registration of different vehicles and other information.
Most Searching Terms:
- www.oplates.com Renewal
- OPLATES Ohio