eSIM is a SIM embedded within your device. With eSIM, there is no longer a pSIM (physical SIM) card you must insert or swap.
On devices that have both eSIM and pSIM technology, you may have a different phone number on each SIM and use a locally-based plan on your eSIM when traveling abroad without swapping your Verizon SIM.
Verizon eSim QR Code No Longer Valid
If you’re a Verizon customer with an iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR, you may have noticed that the eSIM code in your device settings is no longer valid.
This is because Verizon has changed its eSIM program and is now using a new system. If you’re trying to activate your eSIM, you’ll need to follow the new instructions on the Verizon website.
How long is eSim QR Code Valid?
An eSIM QR code can only be scanned once. Attempting to scan it multiple times will result in an error message that says, “Data plan cannot be added.”
Check to see if you have correctly installed the eSIM by going to your phone’s SIM management settings. The QR code is unique and applicable for 1 device and for 1 time only.
Scan the QR code to activate the e-SIM, and then be sure not to choose the Delete option for the settings, as this will result in the deletion of your eSim profile.
Set Up And Activate Verizon eSim
An eSIM is an embedded SIM card inside your device. With eSIM, there’s no physical SIM (pSIM) card to insert or swap.
On devices that have both pSIM and eSIM technology, you may be able to have a diﬀerent phone number on each SIM and use a local data plan on your eSIM when traveling abroad without swapping your Verizon pSIM.
Benefits of using eSIMs include:
Activate quickly, easily, and in real-time. It’s fast, it’s simple and you can provision a device with an eSIM in real time over Wi-Fi.*
Bid farewell to physical SIMs. Using an eSIM means no more lost SIM removal tools, broken SIM trays, and tiny SIM cards gone missing.
How Do I Know If My eSim Is Activated?
You can download your eSIM profile on your mobile device by activating your eSIM with the Activation Code you are provided by your eSIM carrier.
The activation code is a link in a sort of QR code that you will scan with the camera of your mobile device to install and activate your eSIM profile.
How Do I Activate A Device With eSim?
Activating the service is easy. Just be sure your Wi-Fi connection is turned on, and follow the following steps.
- Get Verizon service for your device with eSIM or order a new eSIM-capable device.
- If you’re new to Verizon, you can sign-up for Verizon service by calling the Verizon business sales team at 1.844.992.4384.
- If you already have Verizon service using your device’s physical SIM card, you can port this number over or add a new service plan and new number to your eSIM through the My Business portal. Alternatively, you can contact us at 1.800.922.0204 to add service to your eSIM.
- If your company is new to eSIM and uses a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, check with your MDM provider to make sure your security settings are ready to enable eSIM usage.
2. If you ordered a new device, we’ll get your device shipped out to you as soon as possible.
3. When you receive your device, you may need access to a Wi-Fi connection in order to activate your new device. This could be a home or work network or a mobile hotspot connection.
- For upgrade orders, you will need to call Verizon at 877.807.4646 when you’re ready to move your line to your new phone.
4. Select your device type to complete the eSIM line activation. Step-by-step activation instructions are provided on the official website for each manufacturer.
In conclusion, the Verizon eSim code is no longer a valid problem that can be solved by contacting customer support.
Representatives can help to troubleshoot the issue and determine if a new code needs to be generated. Customer support can be reached by phone or online chat.