Everything You Need to Know about Macy’s Credit Cards Approval Process
Macy’s is the one stop destination for fashionable clothes, accessories, branded watches and a series of home improvement products for men and women alike. If your shopping list at their site is pretty lengthy one and too often, it is worthwhile to consider having at least one Macy’s credit card for the family.
Before you learn how to get approved for a Macy’s credit card, here are some facts to consider for decision-making.
You may choose any from the two type of credit cards, the Macy’s store credit card for in-store and online purchases only at Macy’s and the Macy’s American Express Card- accepted at several stores and online shopping sites worldwide.
Macy’s Store Credit Card vs. Macy’s American Express Card: Which is the Best Card Option?
Your choice between the Store card and Macy’s American Express card entirely depends on how you want to use it or the level of benefits to achieve.
Having the Macy’s American Express Card gives you everything available with the store card in addition to some extra privileges. Depending on your expenses with any of the Macy’s cards, you become Silver ($1-$499), Gold ($500-$1,199) or Platinum ($1200+) member.
When you open a credit card account online, you will be entitled to 20% discount (up to $100) on your purchases at the Macy’s. This offer will become effective only if your application is approved.
Benefits of Macy’s Store Card
• 5% cash back on all merchandize (platinum only)
• Free shipping with no minimum threshold (gold and platinum)
• Birthday offers (gold and platinum)
• Save up to 25% on your purchases with Star passes any day
• Get Plenti points (1 point on every dollar spent with the card)
Benefits of Macy’s American Express Card
The Macy’s American Express cardholders enjoy all the benefits of the store card in addition to the following facilities:
• Plenti points at participating restaurants (3 points per dollar)
• Plenti points at supermarkets and gas stations (2 points per dollar)
• Use your card anywhere worldwide (where American Express cards are accepted)
• Exclusive offers
• Amex offers on dining, shopping and others
• No annual fee
• Travel benefits on hotels, flights, car rental services and others
How to Apply for Macy’s Credit Card?
You may apply for the Macy’s credit card in-store (paper application) or online. Here are step-by-step instructions to apply online.
• Visit Macy’s Credit Card page https://www.macys.com/my-credit/gateway/guest
• As you scroll down, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below the title ‘Open a Credit Card and Save 20%’
• Enter your personal information including email address, name, mailing address, annual income, residential status, date of birth, SSN
• Scan your photo ID from your driving license or passport
• Verify the entered information and click the check box to agree to the terms and conditions
• Now click the Submit button to complete your application online
How do I Activate My Macy’s Credit Card?
You will receive the card by mail in about a week or two. Once you get the Macy’s card, follow the steps to activate it online before using it to purchase anything.
• Visit https://www.macys.com/my-credit/gateway/guest
• Click the ‘Activate Card’ button
• On the credit card verification page, enter all the details as per instruction to activate your card
You can also activate the Macy’s credit card by phone call at the following helpline number:
Macy’s Customer Service: 1-888-257-6757 (Monday-Saturday 9a.m.-10p.m. EST/PST and Sunday 11a.m.-8p.m. EST/PST)
How to Get Approved for a Macy’s Credit Card?
You have to apply for the Macy’s credit card at first through their official website only following the steps as mentioned above.
However, the approval entirely depends on the decision from the reviewing authorities that come within 7-10 working days from the date of your application. Whether your application will be approved entirely depends on the preset terms and conditions by the company.
Note: Macy’s does not ask for a credit score to any of the applicants but the approval is based on the company’s policies and evaluation on several parameters.
More Related Queries: