- 1 How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast with Natural Home Remedies
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast with Natural Home Remedies
Stretch marks are developed when your skin suddenly stretches beyond its limit of natural growth rate. Let’s check how to quickly get rid of Stretch Marks Naturally and best home remedies for stretch marks. Skin is made of three layers: upper, middle and lower layer. When middle layer of your skin gets damaged, it causes the lower layers of your skin to show through. Stretch marks when developed are red or purple that turns to silvery white or grey colour over time.
Causes of Stretch Marks
Collagen in the skin keeps skin fibres stretchy. Our body produces a hormone known as cortisol. If cortisol in the body is produced in a larger amount than normal in the body, it decreases collagen in your skin. Reduced skin collagen may develop stretch marks. There are several factors responsible for developing stretch marks; some of them are mentioned below. Here we also discuss Natural Home Remedies to get rid of stretch marks naturally.
Pregnancy: Pregnant women are more likely to develop stretch marks in the later stage of pregnancy. During pregnancy, hormones are produced in the body that makes it easy delivering a baby. It also softens the fibres in your skin and that makes it stretch mark prone and develops stretch marks on abdomen, thighs and breasts.
Gaining or losing weight quickly: If you gain or lose weight suddenly, stretch mark might appear. It fades over the time.
Puberty: Many young find stretch mark on their body during puberty as body suddenly develops during this time.
Medications: Certain medications, specifically if medicines containing corticosteroids are taken over a long period of time, decreases the amount of collagen in the skin and you may find stretch marks.
Certain health conditions: Stretch marks may also appear for certain health conditions such as Cushing’s syndrome or Marfan syndrome.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Many feel embarrassed due to stretch marks. It can’t get erased immediately, but if you treat properly, it can get fade away over the time. The sooner you start, faster you can get rid of them. There are some effective natural remedies for it.
Aloe Vera has about 75 nutrients, 18 amino acids, 20 minerals, 200 enzymes and 12 vitamins that have amazing healing properties. Aloe Vera can be taken as juice, gel or powder. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and essential moisture property that helps treat stretch marks. It has a soothing and repairing effects and regular usage of Aloe Vera repairs damaged collagen that only cures the marks but prevents recurring of stretch marks too.
Aloe Vera can be used in different ways for treating stretch marks.
Aloe Vera and lukewarm water:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
- Wash it, peel it and extract gel from it.
- Apply this gel on the affected areas of the skin.
- Message it gently for few minutes so that it gets absorbed by the skin.
- Allow it to dry for few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Continue applying it twice everyday for sometime.
Aloe Vera with Vitamin A and E Oils
- Take 1/4th cup of pulp of Aloe Vera from the fresh leaves in a bowl.
- Add oils from 10 vitamin E oil capsules and 5 vitamin A oil capsules and mix them well.
- Apply it on the affected skin and message it for few minutes.
- Leave it for few minutes till it dries.
- Wash it with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Repeat the process regularly 2-3 times a day for some time period.
Aloe Vera with Lemon Juice
When lemon juice is added to Aloe Vera, it exfoliates the skin to remove the dead skin cells and thus helps further to remove or lightens the stretch marks.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera gel or juice in a bowl and add fresh lemon juice to it. Mix it well.
- Apply it on stretch marks.
- Leave it for few minutes to let it dry.
- Rinse it off with water and pat it dry.
- Repeat the process regularly over the time.
Aloe Vera with Coffee
- Take grounded coffee and fresh Aloe Vera juice or gel in a bowl. Mix it well to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the stretch marks and message it gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe it off with warm towel soaked in warm water.
- Rinse it off with water, pat it dry and apply moisturizer.
- Follow the process everyday and you will see your stretch marks fade away in about a month.
Aloe Vera and Castor Oil
Ricin oleic acid in castor oil and vitamin E in Aloe Vera combined together proves very effective remedies for treating stretch marks. It repairs the collagen and stretch marks fade away from skin and prevent it further.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera leaf and extract pulp from it and mash it up.
- Add castor oil to it and mix it well.
- Heat the mixture in a pan.
- Apply warm mixture on the affected area.
- Repeat the process regularly to see the stretch marks fade away.
Aloe Vera – Homemade Moisturizer
You can make a homemade moisturizer by using Aloe Vera, olive oil and wheat oil. Regular application of it lightens the existing stretch marks. It also repairs and enhances the new skin growth that can get rid of the stretch marks.
- Take equal proportion of Aloe Vera gel, olive oil and wheat oil in a bowl. Mix them well.
- Fill it in an airtight container and leave it for overnight.
- Apply it regularly on the stretch marks; you will see it fade away slowly.
If you have developed stretch marks, you don’t need to feel embarrassed or ashamed; you can follow easy, cheap and very effective remedies with natural ingredients. You just do it regularly in a right way and stretch marks will fade away slowly. It will also enhance skin repair and prevent further development of stretch marks!