KapalbhantiPranayam is a type of breathing exercise Kapalbhati pranayama that helps to eliminate many ailments. ‘Kapal’ means forehead and ‘Bhati’ means shining. This pranayama is done in sitting position.
This pranayama is very effective in stomach disorders, digestive disorders and obesity. Let’s see how this prananyam is done.
Steps to follow to do Kapalbhati
As such kapalbhati is a very easy pranayama. However, proper care should be taken so that you perform it properly and do not hurt yourself. Follow the following steps carefully:
- Sit on the floor with the legs folded.
- Keep the spine straight and close your eyes.
- Keep respective palms on respective knees.
- Take in a deep breath and exhale quickly and suddenly. Make puffing sound when you do this.
- When you exhale, draw your abdominal muscles inwards. Remember, when you inhale abdomen should rise and abdomen should fold when you exhale.
- While exhaling one should think that his disorders are going out through nose.
- Continue for 10 breaths and then take rest.
Precautions that one should take while doing the Pranayama
- Kapalbhati is very effective to improve both body and mind but it is not recommended for everyone. Certain diseases and disorders become complicated if kapalbhati is done regularly.
- This pranayama is not for people suffering from cardiac problems, spinal disorders and hernia.
- People suffering from severe respiratory infections.
- People suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes should also not perform it.
- Person having abdominal ulcers should not perform it.
- Kapalbhati has certain dangers linked to it. Hence, it should always be prformed under the supervision of doctor and qualified doctor.
Kapalbhati Pranayam Benefits
Yoga practitioners give lots of importance to this pranayama. It remains standard practice in schools all around the world.
- Kapalbhati pranayama is very useful for mind detoxification and purification. It cleans body and mind by using only breath.
- This pranayama is also done for weight loss. It helps to tone musculature and improve body tone.
- It helps in relieving constipation, diabetes and acidity.
- It helps in reducing creatinine level and cures kidney problems.
- It clears respiratory passage and hence reduce the risk of allergies and infection in respiratory system. Due to forceful breathe in kapalbhati the allergens and infectious materials are thrown out of the body.
- It also helps in improving flexibility of diaphragm. As the diaphragm becomes strong and flexible, the risk of developing hernia reduces.
- Kapalbhati helps in improving blood circulation. It also improves lungs capacity and respiratory efficiency and hence more oxygen is available to the body.
- It is very effective in weight loss.
- It help in curing breast cancer.
- It removes toxins from the body.
Most Searching Terms:
- Kapalbhati Pranayama Video
- Kapalbhati Pranayama by Swami Ramdev
- Weight Loss Treatment through Kapalbhati
- Kapalbhati Benefits for Hair, Skin, Teeth, Belly Fat, Face
- Is Kapalbhati Good for Pcos
- Kapalbhati Breathing Exercise Benefits
- Baba Ramdev Yoga for Polycystic Ovaries