- 1 www.dcwater.com/paying-your-bill: Various Option for Payments
- 1.1 DC Water Customer Account Login
- 1.2 DC Water Bill Pay
- 1.3 Customer Assistance Program
www.dcwater.com/paying-your-bill: Various Option for Payments
Humans need water in order to survive. Our body is about 60% water, brain 70% water and lungs are 90% water. Water is very essential for survival of all living beings. Here we will check various options for how to pay ‘My DC Water Bill’. You also check more details on official webpage of www.dcwater.com/paying-your-bill. Water is equally needed for agriculture, washing, cooking, cleaning, industrial applications and many more. It is true that water is life. It is also necessary that we get clean and quality water. Waste water also needs to be treated well so it doesn’t harm environment and other living beings.
DC water distributes drinking water in the District of Columbia that operates more than 1,300 miles of pipes. It also collects and treats waste water. DC water serves about 600,000 residential, commercial and government customers. It also provides waste water treatment services in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland, and Fairfax and Loudoun counties in Virginia with the most advanced waste water facility.
DC Water Customer Account Login
To paying your ‘My DC Water Bill online’ you need to access your account online. DC Water provides an access to online account to its customers. With an access to online account, customers can view consumption, view usage history, make bill payment, update account information, make service request, set for automatic payment, sign for e-bill, start or stop service and many more. You have to register for an online account. Registration is a very simple and quick process. You just have to provide required information and create user name and password. Once registered, you can login to your account with your user name and password. Follow the steps given below on how to register and login to your account.
- Go to the website at www.dcwater.com.
- “My DC Water Login” window is displayed on the right of the screen. Go on the link “Create Login”.
- A new registration page is displayed. Type in your email address and create your username and password following given instructions. Go on the “Submit Registration” button.
- A new page will be displayed. Add an account by entering your account information. Go on the “Submit” button.
- A page showing your active account and what you can do with it will be displayed. Click on the “Sign Up for My DC Water”.
- Go to the website at www.dcwater.com.
- Type in your username and password in the “DC Water Login” window displayed on the right of the page. Click on the “Submit” button.
DC Water Bill Pay
DC water makes water bill payment easy for its customers and offers several options to pay for it. You can choose an option convenient to you. Following discussed are the bill payment options.
Making your DC water bill online is a great way to make your bill payment. You can pay through savings/checking account. It saves your time and is very safe too. You can pay anytime. Following given are the steps on how to make online payment.
- Go to the website at www.dcwate.com
- Login to your DC Water account as discussed above.
- Go to the “Pay My Bill” option and pay your bill giving account details.
Automatic Bill Payment
DC Water offers automatic bill payment option. It is a very convenient option and every month your bill amount will be debited automatically to your saving/checking account you specified. The payment is through electronic fund transfer and your payment will be reflected in your bill statement. Follow the steps given below to make the setting for automatic payment.
- Go to the website at www.dcwate.com.
- Login to your DC Water account.
- Go to the “Pay My Bill” option and set for automatic payment providing your account details.
Payment through Credit Card
DC Water accepts water bill from its customers through credit card. You can pay through VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card. You can pay the bill online or by making a call at (202) 354-3600. It is an automated response system. To pay it online,
- Go to the website at www.dcwater.com
- Login to your account and go to pay my bill option. Select payment through credit card and give the card detail.
Pay By Mail:
You can send your DC water bill through a mail. You can pay through check or money order. You just put it in an envelope along with your DC water bill and send it to the mailing address:
DC Water Office
810 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
You must send it before the due date to save yourself from late fee penalty.
Pay In Person
You can also pay your DC water bill in person DC office. You can pay through cash, check, money order etc.
Customer Assistance Program
DC Water cares for its customers and lands supporting hand by offering following programs to them that help eligible customers to pay their water and sewer bills in case of financial difficulties.
Serving People by Lending A Supporting Hand (SPLASH) Program:
- This program is funded by its customers and the community and helps eligible DC Water customers maintain critical water and sewer service in times of financial emergencies. To be eligible for SPALSH help, DC water customers must meet low-income criteria. A household customer can get up to maximum $350 in a 12-month period.
To know more about this payment assistance program, you can call customer care representative at 202-354-3600.
Utility Discounts from the Customer Assistance (CAP) Program:
This program is managed by the District of Columbia’s Department of the Environment (DDOE) Energy Office. It offers eligible customers discount of up to 400 cubic feet of water and up to 400 cubic feet of sewer services per month. Eligibility is determined according to federal low-income guidelines. You have to apply to get qualified for it with necessary documents.
- you want to know more about it, you can call District Department of the Environment at 202-673-6700.
If you are DC water customer, you get various options to pay your DC water bill. Choose the convenient option to you and pay your bill on time.